The Marsh Billings Rockefeller Mansion
was originally built for the Marsh family in 1805
and sold to Frederick Billings in 1869, when it
underwent extensive renovations designed by Boston
architect William Ralph Emerson, who transformed
the property into a fashionable stick-style mansion.
In 1885 Billings hired architect Henry Hudson Holly
to create a Queen Anne style renovation.
Several stained glass windows by Tiffany were
included. Laurence & Mary Rockefeller inherited the
mansion in 1954.